Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tryin' to Figure Out

So, I'm trying to figure out what I'm trying to figure out. I've always been interested in the Socratic method. I've always had a fairly logical mind. I've loved studying random aspects of Scripture and tying them into random aspects of theology. Here I go again. So I figure that if the devil has no stories and all grand and glorious things that fallen man has been known to accomplish have just been rip-offs of God's perfect accomplishments and plans, then such is probably the case with the Socratic method.

I'm trying to find my answer in Christ's method of teaching, i.e. His proverbs, parables, and rhetorical devices. I'm thinking that I'll have to do a study of Hebrew literature and techniques to even begin to begin to figure out what I'm really looking for. But then again, the process is half the point, isn't it?

No comments: