Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 13: Tropical vacations—K.B.G.



deep breath

"Ahhhhhh. Smell that air! Drains the stress right out of me. It's taken me forever to get here. So much stuff to do all the time, I just couldn't get away until now. Those salty waves sound so inviting. Think I'll just sit here though, close my eyes, relax, soak up the sun, and drink my girly drink with a little green umbrella in it...just because I can. That sand feels so good between my toes. Makes me want to make a sand angel. But I won't for now 'cause it just feels so good to sit. No one's around. That's a change. I'm so used to people. It's nice to not hear any voices though. Just the sound of the sea. I hope everyone back home will be ok without me for a bit. Ok, stop. Enjoy this time while you have it! There's always work to be done. After all like Wilbur said, 'Jesus is the only one that can truly say "It is finished"'. So since everything will be there waiting for me when I get back I'll just sit here and enjoy...just because I can."

deep breath

"Ahhhhhh. Why is it so hard to chill? Listen to those trees. Almost as nice as the waves. The two together sure make a delightfully soothing sound. This orange drink sure is good. I'm going to have to get the recipe. I think it's hard to relax because I don't do it on a regular basis. It takes times like this to get me to chill and even then only a little. And this is going to the extreme to try and chill, this beach trip. I should find simpler ways to relax. I'm not saying that those waves and this sand aren't worth it. Ahhhhh, they are. It's funny how you can kind of see the sun even though your eyes are closed. It's so dang bright! But it's so incredibly warm and relaxing. I think I'm going to take a nap now...just because..."

phone rings to the tune of "When I was a Rich Girl" by Gwen Stefani

"Dang it! I forgot to turn my phone off! Who is it?"

"Hello, Miss Shore? I'm calling from the Red Cross. We'd like to thank you for giving blood in the past and just wanted to let you know that we are once again in need of O positive. We do have a shortage in our blood bank right now, and..."

click

"The Red Cross. They want my blood. They always want my blood. I thought I left this phone inside. Grrr! I'm all tense again. So much for my relaxation. I give up. Where's my bag. There it is, 'Tropical Vacation in a Bag'. I do have to say this was a worth while purchase though. Ok, let's make sure every thing's back in here:

Sun glasses...check.
Vial of sea salt water to rub under my nose...check.
Mini suntan lotion...check.
Little green umbrella for my drink...check.
White noise sound machine with ocean waves...check.
Small pail and shovel...check. (Didn't get to use that this time, darn!)
Foot-sized sand box...check.

"All right. My bubble's been burst by the blood suckers. As soon as I cross this threshold from the world of sunny porch dreams into my home of the-laundry-needs-folding reality, I shall be through. Finished. The end of my vacation is at hand! Alas, a lack!

"Though, it is Sunday. I suppose I could sit here for a bit longer. I think I shall...just because I can."

No comments: