Friday, May 22, 2009

S is for Spring Hill


I've been back home for two days now. While the senior class was overseas for a week and a half soaking in all they could of the sights and sounds of London and surrounding area I had the privilege of staying in Spring Hill with the daughter of some friends that went along on the trip as chaperones. The drive was actually quite nice despite what everyone warned me it would be like and contrary to what I had psyched myself up encounter. My patience was tried on a couple of occasions, but for the most part I rather enjoyed the time in my car. Spring Hill definitely has more of a suburban feel than Franklin. For all the construction and development going on in Franklin, I still feel like there are five times more houses in Spring Hill.

Though it was once small, Spring Hill is quickly gaining a reputation for being able to stand on its own two feet, so to speak. I was introduced to everything from the local Taekwondo Academy to the area Blockbuster, from Beef 'o Brady's to Publix. And while I didn't have the luxury of being able to actually set foot in it, I did see with my own eyes the one mecca that Spring Hill has and Franklin doesn't: Super Target.

All in all, my time with A.K.A. (Abbey, Kate, and Alfred) was extremely enjoyable and enlightening. And though I'm a bit jealous of those who had the opportunity to go to England, I must admit that so far as alternative trips go, I think I got a good deal.

No comments: