Tuesday, March 24, 2009

F is for Fabulous Food on Friday


Ok, so I'm a little late in writing but it was spring break last week and I think I can count the times on one hand that I touched my computer. In stead I opted for things like reading, sleeping, journaling, reading, visiting with friends, and eating. I put eating at the end simply because the most anticipated and delightful eating escapade actually happened at the end of break.

(Enter DREAMLAND BAR-B-QUE and queue sounds of angel voices)

This past Friday I went on a day trip with a friend that started out being a bit of an errand of sorts so we wanted to wrap up the day on a fun note. And what better way to do that when one is passing, in relatively close proximity, Birmingham than to have some ribs and banana pudding at Dreamland. There ain't nothin' like it! Walk in the door and sit down and you're greeted with a hearty stack of good 'ol white bread and bar-b-que sauce to dip it in, order a Dr. Pepper while you're waiting and boy howdy when that big plate of ribs come out you'll think you've died and gone to heaven (I promise you there will be such fabulous food in heaven, don't you doubt it)!

I admit, I gorged. Probably over gorged if I were to be honest about it. But was the slight discomfort after the fact worth it? YES!

No comments: